Using Velawcity for Transactional Due Diligence
Whether you need a simple public search performed to determine the existence and good standing of an entity or assistance with the upload and maintenance of a transaction diligence data room, Velawcity provides seamless paralegal support. Velawcity senior corporate paralegals can assist with everything from that simple public search to managing a due diligence project via Dropbox, Box.net, Google Drive, MS Teams, a printing company data room such as Merrill Corp. or your customized solution.
Velawcity paralegals will assist in gathering and organizing documents, and upload to your preferred platform for easy access to both sides of the transaction. We’ll create a document index tracking sheet for easy reference to the status of each document and responsible parties. Velawcity paralegals expertly handle the following responsbilities:
Public Records Searches to verify:
- Legal existence of each target entity
- Good standing (or restore to good standing)
- Trade or ficititous names
- Licenses and Permits requirements and status
- UCC-1 financing statements
- Real estate searches, mortgage, deeds, fixture filings
- State and federal tax liens
Litigation Searches to expose:
- Federal and state litigation searches
- Bankruptcy searches
Intellectual Property searches:
- Trademarks: Obtain full trademark searches or perform informal search via USPTO/search engines.
- Social media diligence including URL ownership
Corporate Records Review:
- Review corporate records to determine missing board or stockholder actions. Assist with the reconstruction of missing docs by drafting omnibus consents, officer’s certificates and/or reconstrucing stock records or the entire minute book.
- Review jurisdictions where the company is or should be registered. Check status and register where necessary.
- Review stock records/certificates.
Contract Review: Review contracts to identify all change of control or anti-assignment provisions, third-party consent and/or notice requirements as well as manage obtaining the required consents and approvals.
Due Diligence Memorandum: The due diligence memorandum will identify potential liabilities and extraordinary materials risks; a list of required third party consents or approvals (i.e. landlords, service contracts, government agencies) and a review change of control provisions and requirements.
“… Always highly responsive, completely competent, and cost effective, Velawcity brings all of the horsepower of Big Law paralegal services to the small firm/solo practice market at an absurdly small fraction of the cost.” –Russell T. Alba, Esq., Tampa, FL
Expert due diligence is a critical step in corporate transactions and we’re here to help! If you want additional information regarding any of our due diligence services, please do not hesitate to contact Denise Annunciata at 508-310-1001 or via email at email@example.com.
Compared to Other Virtual Paralegal Services Companies
All paralegal services companies are not equal. Velawcity Legal Support Services:
- Never directs you to a general email box. As a Velawcity client, you are assigned to a primary senior paralegal with over 15 years’ experience. Your paralegal is a quick email away.
- Promises direct email responses or phone calls within an hour or less.
- Functions as a team. There is always a backup paralegal, who you are familiar with, in the event that your primary paralegal is on vacation or should you need additional services.
- Advances filing fees for established clients.
- Never charges a retainer.
If that isn’t enough, Velawcity also offers a satisfaction guarantee. So, when using Velawcity’s services you are guaranteed to receive value-added services. If not, we adjust – or write off – our invoice, per your request. We offer this as a safety net, but we’re happy to say over sixteen years, it’s been an extremely rare occurrence.
Contact us to learn how Velawcity Legal Support Services can empower your practice and rescue your bottom line. Please do not hesitate to contact Denise Annunciata at 508-310-1001 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velawcity Legal Support Services is an Alternative Legal Services Provider (ALSP) that provides competitive edge solutions to empower lawyers nationwide with high-quality, efficient and cost-effective paralegal services. Velawcity paralegals are virtual, on-demand senior paralegals, each with a minimum of fifteen years’ experience working in law firms and corporate legal departments. Whether you need assistance with year-end dissolutions, a daily addition to your legal team, periodic paralegal support, quick research or assistance on a specific project, Velawcity Legal Support Services is your cost-effective, responsive team member.
DISCLAIMER: Velawcity Legal Support Services provides services exclusively to lawyers and their clients. Velawcity does not provide legal advice. To determine which entity is best suited for your business, please consult a licensed business attorney or contact us to be put in touch with one of our attorney clients.
Written by Denise Annunciata,
President of Velawcity Legal Support Services