In a recent phone call with a beloved and long-standing client, it came to my attention that he was not aware of all the practice areas that Velawcity Legal Support Services cover. We thought perhaps many of our clients, including those who’ve been with us for many years, may not be aware of the full scope of services that our business has grown to include. And so, we decided to use this month’s blog post to put the spotlight on our services.
Our team of senior paralegals, each with a minimum of fifteen years’ experience working in law firm or corporate legal departments, specialize in the following areas:
Entity Formation and Maintenance in all 50 States / General Corporate
- Entity Formations and Foreign Registrations
- Check name availability.
- Draft formation documents including bylaws, organizational consents, SS-4, stock subscriptions/agreements, stock ledgers, stock certificates and foreign registrations.
- Dissolutions, Cancelations, Withdrawals, Conversions and Mergers
- Draft and file certificates, plan of liquidation, consents, IRS Form 966, obtain tax clearance, if required.
- Transactional Support for Stock Purchase, Asset Purchase, Secured Lending and M&A
- Due diligence assistance
- Draft closing index/agenda
- Draft consents and ancillary documents
- Obtain state or tax good standings
- Coordinate and track signature pages via DocuSign or scanned signatures.
- Prepare closing binders
- Loan abstracts
- Stock Management
- Prepare stock certificates and ledgers
- Draft stock subscriptions and stockholder agreements
- Draft warrants and grants
- Prepare and file IRS 83(b) filings
- Manage stock records
- Managed Annual Compliance
- Audit status of domestic and foreign states
- Track, prepare and file statutory reports
- Coordinate DocuSign signatures
- Draft annual consents/minutes
Securities and Blue Sky
- Draft Private Placement Memorandums
- Prepare and file SEC public and private filings
- Prepare and file state securities filings
- Prepare and file Section 16 filings and other SEC forms
- Draft purchasers’ questionnaires and proxy statements
Trademark and Copyrights
- Trademark searches
- Prepare and file trademark applications for registration.
- Prepare and file copyright applications for registration.
- Prepare and file trademark renewals
- IP docket management and tracking
- Obtain apostilles, legalizations, and authentications.
- International and Offshore incorporations/amendments and dissolutions.
- Mandatory annual statutory filings with company registries
- Prepare minutes and documents for AGM, board, committee or EGM Meetings
- Prepare and file powers of attorney and proxies
- Corporate health checks
- Obtain trade registry extracts
Due Diligence Searches
- State and Federal litigation searches
- Judgement searches
- State and Federal tax lien searches
- Bankruptcy search
- UCC and fixture filing searches
- Real estate records, i.e., deed retrievals, mortgage searches
- Document recording and publication
- Assist in factual research
- Review contracts for change of control provisions
- Manage third party consents
Secured Lending / UCC Filings and Searches
- UCC Searches /UCC-11
- Prepare and file UCC filings, fixture filings and amendments
- Track renewal dates; file continuations.
- Draft documents and exhibits
- Draft affidavits
- Requests for admission and production
- Prepare and coordinate chart, graphs and demonstrative exhibits
- Deposition and transcript summarizing
- Summons and Service of Process: prepare summons and service of process
- Motion Practice
- Proofread motions, oppositions and replies
- Factual research for factual assertions.
- File Organization
- Review, index, gather, summarize documents produced by opposing and third parties
- Draft privilege logs
- Organize trial exhibits, prepare exhibit lists
- Review / revise contracts pursuant to playbook
- Manage and track signatures
- Upload to contract management system
- Track renewal dates
We’re here to help! If you have a need that we haven’t mentioned, or to discuss how we might empower your practice and rescue your bottom line, please do not hesitate to contact Denise Annunciata at 508-310-1001 or via email at email@example.com.
More About Velawcity Legal Support Services
Velawcity Legal Support Services is an Alternative Legal Services Provider (ALSP) that provides competitive edge solutions to empower lawyers nationwide with high-quality, efficient and cost-effective paralegal services. Velawcity paralegals are virtual, on-demand senior paralegals, each with a minimum of fifteen years’ experience working in law firms and corporate legal departments. Whether you need a daily addition to your legal team, periodic paralegal support, quick research or assistance on a specific project, Velawcity Legal Support Services is your cost-effective, responsive team member.